Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ups and Downs

The last couple of days have been a rollercoaster ride. Thursday was an awesome day. I rolled over from my stomach to my back. This is great progress for me. It means that my brain is working alot better and allowing me to do new things. It was a great day and mommy and daddy were so happy and proud of me. Then Friday came with bad news. I woke up having lots of spasms. I ended up having about 75 spasms and mommy had to call my doctor. Well they increased my clonazepam yet again. Its making me a little more tired but I have had a much better day today. I have only had about 25 spasms so the medicine did help. The doctor said that it will take about a week for my keppra to fully be in my system. So hopefully by Thursday I will be doing much better with these spasms. Please pray that these spasms stay down. I really do not want to have to go back to that hospital. Thanks for all your prayers and I will talk to you soon!!!!

No comments: