Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

In the hospital again :(

It has been absolutely crazy around here. My mommy had to leave work Thursday because my brother was just laying around and had no energy. She brought him to the doctor and he was severly dehydrated. Our pediatrician sent him to the hospital for what we thought would be an overnight stay. He was so sick he had to stay two nights. He didn't make it very long without me. I got sick around 5:30 Thursday night. I was staying with my Mar and Paw. They could not get me to keep my seizure meds down. So off to the ER we went. My mommy was waiting for me when I got there and my daddy stayed with my brother in the room. They gave me some zofran and it settled my stomach and I was abe to take my medicines. They admitted me because my vital signs were not to great and my blood work said I was already dehydrated. Once I got my IV meds my vitals got much better. We called my neurologist yesterday and they said to give me an extra dose of my keppra. It has help with my seizures. I'm still having alot but less than I did yesterday. I also look alot better. My brother is much better. He has been playing and back to his old self. The doctor just came in and said we get to go home. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for all your prayers.

1 comment:

The Mustard Seed said...

Glad y'all got to go home! Praying for healing for those babies and rest for that Mama... I know you are probably so tired!! Always thinking of you and your lil men.

Angel