Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Medication reaction/new tricks


Things have been crazy the last couple of days. I had a bad reaction to the lamictal. I broke out in a rash. It was horrible and I was miserable. My neurologist called to check on me twice a day. So you know it was bad if the neurologist was calling twice a day. We stopped the lamictal and with 48 hours the rash was gone. We have started the lamictal again and so for so good. We went back down to 15 mg twice a day. We will increase it again in 2 weeks but this time only by 5mg instead of 10mg. If I break out we will stop using it. So we will see how I do in two weeks. I still do not have dates for Boston. My orders are in and we are waiting for the hospital to call and schedule it. It is taking longer than expected because we want to have both test done while in the hospital instead of having to go twice. I will let you know dates when I find them out. Thanks for praying for me. I'm leaving you a video of me shaking my head yes. I'm also leaving a picture of me holding on to the fence and standing. I'm also pointing to my head when you ask me where is my head. I will have to get a video and share that soon. So even with the horrible rash, I'm making progress. I'm such an amazing little guy. My family is so proud of my development.

No comments: