Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Poem

My mommy is part of an online support group of families that have IS like me. Someone posted this today and she wanted me to share it. She said I'm such a blessing to my family. She just wishes she could get some relief for me from these seizures so I don't have to suffer. I promise I will update my page with the information from Boston. My neurologist is going to call us tomorrow with the final results and plan. Thanks for praying for me and enjoy the poem.

A Special Child

You weren’t like other children,
And God was well aware,
You’d need a caring family,
With love enough to share.

And so He sent you to us,
And much to our surprise,
You haven’t been a challenge,
But a blessing in disguise.
Your winning smiles and laughter,
The pleasures you impart,
Far outweigh your special needs,
And melt the coldest heart.
We’re proud that we’ve been chosen,
To help you learn and grow,
The job that you have brought us,
Is more than you can know.
A precious gift from Heaven,
A treasure from above,
A child who’s taught us many things,
But most of all- “Real Love”

No comments: