Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Working Hard



I'm feeling better and getting stronger each day. Yesterday afternoon the speech therapist came in and I signed more for her. She was blowing bubbles and I wanted her to do it some more so I told her. I didn't move my right hand, I just brought my left hand over to my right. Pretty smart :) I haven't said any words yet but I will. I try to move my mouth to say the words and then I fuss because I can't do it. I will keep trying until I'm able to do it. I had another great PT/OT session today. I sat up in my bed and held my head up most of the time. The therapist is supporting my neck in this picture but I did sit up while holding up my head for a few seconds during therapy. I'm one determined little boy. I have been smiling and laughing some too. Especially for my brother Jacob. I can't wait to get home so we can play. My last drainage tube will come out tomorrow. I will then have my CT Monday. So please pray that my circulation will pick back up and I will not need a shunt. When you pray please do not forget to thank God for 0 seizures in 4 days. I could just jump up and scream as I type that. It really is amazing. Some people have been saying things such as I never knew how blessed I was until they read my story. Well I do agree, you are very blessed but I wanted you to know that we are blessed as well. You don't know how blessed my family is to have me and to be able to see God work. I have been their greatest blessing even though this is very hard. I have made each and every one of them a better person. Please continue to pray for me and I love you all very much!! Jadon

4 comments:

sharon said...

amazing progress! great spirit!

donna brown said...

Oh, thank you Jesus, this is wonderful. I believe that you are going to be completely healed and what a wonderful testimony your miracle will be. Your Mommy is such an awesome, faithful woman that's why God picked her to be your mommy. Yay Jadon!!! God Bless you and your entire family and me and my grandbaby Sidney, 2 years old, will continue to pray for you all daily!!

Anonymous said...

you look wonderful and i cannot wait to see you and play with you again. you are such a little doll. i miss you.
God bless you all.
love,
hope

jsgivens75 said...

Jaden- our family has been praying hard. We know that you are a strong little man! Love in Christ, the Givens