Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Home but sick again :(

Sorry I didn't update when we got home. We made it home Saturday afternoon because the steroid wasn't working. My seizures are continuing to get worse everyday. We thought it might be the increase in lamictal but I started running fever today. Mommy brought me to the pediatrician and I have adno virus which is causing me to have high fever and red throat. You probably remember that I was in the hospital a little over a month ago with this virus. We are doing our best to stay out the hospital this time. The pediatrician said to keep pushing as much liquids as possible and keep our fingers crossed I don't have to be admitted again. The good news is I have been drinking some fluids today so I'm not dehydrated at this point. The pediatrician said I probably picked it up at the hospital because that is the number 1 virus in the hospitals right now. So frustrating that I went in the hospital to try and get better and the steroid didn't work and I got sick because of it. Please pray that I will stay hydrated and feel better soon!!!

No comments: