Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Monday, December 26, 2011

1 week and so very nervous

Well alot has happened since my last post. I actually ended up in the ER the day after my post. I caught a stomach virus which by the way effected 32 of my family members including my mommy, daddy, and brother. Unbelievable. Anyway I could not hold anything down including my seizure medicines. We called my neurologist in New Orleans and she called me in some medicine but it didnt' work. After 4 hours in the ER I was finally able to hold my medicine down and go home. The good new is I was much better by Christmas and we all had a great Christmas. I got lots of new toys to play with. My favorite toy was the ball that I got. Other than that I loved playing with the wrapping paper..LOL It was a very fun and much needed time. We got to visit everyone in my immediate family. It was a great day. One thing that Christmas makes me think of is Jesus's birthday. It makes me think of Jesus's momther Mary. I can't imagine what she went through watching her baby being hit, nailed to a cross, and left to die. My mom said she will always remember this and no matter how hard it is to watch me suffer throught these seizures it doesn't compare to what Mary had to watch her son go through. I'm very thankful for her strength and so very thankful that Jesus came and saved us so that we may live with Him forever.

We leave in 1 week for Detroit. We are going to be busy getting everything ready this week. We are going to get my very 1st haircut. We don't want my surgery to be the first time I get my haircut. We also have to get everything packed. We still need to buy a few small things for the trip. We also have to finish my prayer blanket. So I'm sure I will not have time to update my blog until right before we leave or we might be in Detroit before you hear from me again. Please continue to pray for me and my family. We are very anxious, scared, and nervous. We know that God has sent us to Detroit and we will continue to trust his plan. Thank you all for your prayers. I will try keep you updated daily in Detroit with specific prayer request. Right now I need you to pray that this will stop these seizures and that I can continue to develop. Also pray that I will not have any complications and that my recovery will not be to hard on me. This is the best thing you can do for me right now. Love ya, Jadon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My love, prayers, and warm thoughts go with you.
Hope