Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

I'm 3!!!

Things have been going really great. I'm still walking more and more. I continue to progress with my speech daily. I'm also using my right hand more and more. I had my early steps age out evaluation and I did extremely well. I do not have the results yet but I will let you know when I get them. We had my IEP with the school system Friday. I will be going to Loranger Elementary with my mom on Monday,Wednesday, and Fridays from 8:00-9:30. I will get speech twice a week, OT twice a week, special instruction 3 times a week, and PT and APE once a week. We are extremely happy with the services I got. I will also have wonderful therapist that are going to be working with me. We will miss my early step therapist though. They have been with me for a very long time. Guess what? Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 3 years old. It was a great birthday. My Uncle Mark and Daddy brought me down the big slide and I loved it. I was also able to blow out my candles. This was a big deal because I've never been able to blow out my candles. I had lots of fun with my family and cousins. It was so nice to be able to enjoy my birthday with no seizures. I'm leaving a few pics so you can see how happy I was yesterday. Everyone stay safe. We are preparing for Isaac but hoping for the best. Love ya, Jadon

No comments: