Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Interesting

I had my appointment with a new office that makes AFO braces. My mommy and I really liked this place. The picture above shows the new brace we are looking into getting for me. This brace will help me walk heel to toe since my foot wants to drop. It will also help with my knee and positioning it. It basically helps improve the entire gait. We will use the insert above to help keep my foot in the right position. My foot wants to lift up and this piece will help keep it down. This is what is giving me lots of problems with my old brace. My foot wants to pop out of it. This will keep my foot down. If you look at the insert,you will also see that my toes are open. This gives me more use of my toes. The other great news is that I will be able to order the walking shoes that go with the brace. You all know how much trouble my brace has given me and how much trouble it has been to find the right shoes. We were very excited that we could order everything here. I was able to try the brace with the insert and the shoes on in the office. It wasn't quit the right size but my mommy liked the way I was walking in it. We are hoping this is the answer to our brace problems. We now wait and see if insurance will approve it. I will keep you all posted.

1 comment:

The Mustard Seed said...

Jude wears both of these devices and they are wonderful!!