Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A few pics and new therapy tools.




Well my mommy went back to work last week so we have been very busy. I'm doing great. I haven't cried for her once. Right now I'm staying with my mimi and I just love her. My seizures have been about the same. We did increase my lamictal again but haven't noticed any change. I'm on 20mg twice a day and we were hoping to see some improvement by now but we will see. My mommy did get me a new therapy toy. I'm trying to push behind things which is great but I'm too tall for the push toys. Well my Granny B bought a grocery cart. Mommy tried it out with me and then she went and bought me one. It is the perfect height for me. We put my mickey mouse in the seat and a bag of rice in the basket. The rice helps weight it down for me. I don't like it that much but I can walk behind it. If you notice in the picture I'm taking a step with my right foot :) So even though I don't like it, it is great therapy for me. I haven't heard from Detroit yet but as soon as I know something I will let you all know. I hope you enjoy the pictures of me playing in the mud. Can you tell how much I loved it :) Mommy said its great sensory therapy too.

No comments: