Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'm 2, I'm walking with my walker, and the plan for Detroit :)

I'm 2!!! My 2nd birthday was August 25. My family came over and we had cake and ice cream. It was alot of fun. My Aunt Mendy made me a Mickey Mouse cake and I loved it. My favorite part of the party was playing in my playroom with my cousins. Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us.

I've been doing really well lately. My seizures are still the same but I continue to do new things. Just this week I began to walk some using my walker. My mommy has to stand there but hey I'm doing it. It's AMAZING. I attached the video for you to see. I don't like it but I'll get use to it.



Ok so we have our dates for Detroit. They originally told us that it would be November before we could get an appointment. Well they called and my appointment is at the end of September. We are so excited that we do not have to wait until November. We will leave September 20. I will have a PET scan on the 21st, a AMT PET on the 22nd, and then an appointment with the neurologist on the 23rd. I will not have to have another 48 hour VEEG since I just had one in Boston...Yay!!!!! My mommy and daddy will be going with me this time. My brother is going to stay home with my MiMi. We were able to find a nonstop flight from New Orleans to Detroit for a reasonable price. I am 2 now so my mommy and daddy had to pay for my flight for the first time. Not fun but we will have more room on the flight..LOL We were able to put in a request for the family housing in Detroit, so hopefully they will have availabilty. We should know sometime next week. Please begin to pray for my trip. We feel like this is our last chance at finding someone that can help get my seizures under control. We believe this is the next step we should take and we are trusting that God will continue to guide us on this journey.


No comments: