Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

I'm pulling up!!!

We have been busy getting everything ready for Detroit. The hospital in Detroit wanted a copy of my 3T MRI and my 48 hour VEEG. We filled out all the paperwork to release this information so everthing has been done. Now we wait to leave. We were able to get in with family housing!!! We will be staying at the Ronald McDonald house which is right across the street from the hospital. We have to call 24 hours in advance to put our name on the list but the lady didn't see it being a problem. Other than that we increased my lamictal last week. We haven't noticed that it has helped any but I've been sick and running fever. My seizures are worse when I'm sick. We increase it again next weekened so we will see. We are still hopeful that one day we will get control of these 100 plus seizures that I'm having a day. I still continue to be a miracle. I started pulling up on the couch this week. It took me one time and now I'm doing it all the time. I attached the video so you can see me. Thanks for praying for me and I hope you enjoy the video!!! Jadon

No comments: