Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Celebrating 1 month of seizure freedom :)

It was exactly one month ago today that I had my last seizure. My mom and dad were kissing me goodbye so I could go back to the OR. Its something that we will never forget. In fact, the seizures that I had from January 5 to January 10 were so bad and so hard. Its a fear that you just can't forget. Today I'm celebrating one month of seizure freedom. Please take a minute and thank God for what He has done. It's been the best month of my life. I don't have to have seizures when I hear a loud noise or when I'm going to sleep and waking up. I don't have seizures when I get scared or overstimulated. I'm not having them when I'm running a high fever. I'm sleeping the entire night now. My mommy really doesn't know how to act. She keeps waking up and making sure I'm breathing. I'm ok the seizures just are not waking me up. We don't have to worry about me hitting my head due to seizures. We are still trying to get use to the new normal of 0 seizures. I will tell you that every sudden move I make we are watching and wondering. It's been so long we don't know what is normal and what is not. I do know that my eyes are not rolling back and my eyes always rolled back with my seizures. It's still a fear that we live with. Everytime we feel this fear we just pray and God says its ok, l'm taking care of you. Since I'm not having seizures I have progressed more than we ever thought I would. It took us 2 years to get me to say 10 words. Now I'm saying over 20 and attempting to say more than that in just 1 month. We did a speech test on me and I'm only about 8 months behind in speech. Its really amazing. I'm still very behind with motor skills. Right now we are trying to get me back to where I was before surgery. Though I'm still behind we are amazed at my progress. I can move my right arm without hesitation. I love giving high fives with my right hand. I'm also starting to move my fingers a little. This is a skill we thought I may never do and if I did it would take a long time for me to do it. Well I'm doing it in 4 weeks. I also started scooting around on my belly. I have to use my right arm to pull my body and I'm doing it. Last night my mommy and daddy were trying to get me to do the touchdown sign. Well I pulled my right arm up as high as my ear. My mommy and daddy were totally amazed. It's so great to get to see me progress. This entire process has really been our miracle nightmare. It's been the hardest thing we have every had to do. My mommy and daddy have had to make decisions that no parent should ever have to make but the reward that we have today is so amazing that I can't even begin to describe it. I know that God has been with me this entire time and I'm so thankful for what He has done. I thank Him everyday for helping me. Thank you to all my prayer warrior, you have been a big part in my progress. Next week is a big week for me. We will see how my EEG looks. So please pray that it is normal. Oh and I got my dates for Detroit. I will be traveling back March 11-14 for my follow up appointments. I have a CT scan and an appointment with my neurosurgeon on the 12 and then a 2 hour EEG and appointment with my neurologist on the 13. Please continue to pray for me as I still have a long way to go. Love you all, Jadon

2 comments:

Prayers for Jadon!! said...

Little Jadon, I'm so proud of your progress! God is with you at all times!! I pray for you for a bigger progress!!! I hope very soon that you will be normal! I pray for your family! Good luck on your trip! I hope the test shows you are doing a wonderful progress!!! You are always in my prayers!!! <3 The Dover family!!!

Still Praying said...

My prayers are with you sweet boy. I know god is watching over you and will help you make a complete recovery. Gail Digby