Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

23 Days and Two Little Words

I started saying love you. I sound so sweet when I say it. This brings so much happiness to my family. At one point it was two little words that they thought they may never hear. Well I finally said it and they said it was worth every minute they had to wait. Today we celebrate day 23 of no seizures :) Wow, it's so amazing. I can go to sleep without the seizure monster attacking me. I can wake up and not have any seizures. I'm still trying to get used to this. We have always had to be so careful with my 200 a day seizures and now it's none. Thank you so much God for guiding my parents to the right place to help me. You are an awesome God. I love being able to play and not hit my head on things due to a seizure. Now the not so good thing. I had to go to children's hospital yesterday. My blood work showed my hemoglobin was low and a few other things high so we had to go for a CT scan. It was awful. It took them four times to get an IV. I was scared to death during the CT scan. My mommy sang to me which helped me calm down some. Thankfully the CT was fine. No fluid build up and no infection. Praise God for that. I am feeling a little better today but not much. I'm just so sick and weak. Though I'm sick I continue to make progress. I'm such a warrior. I keep on fighting. I'm also not having seizures which is amazing because my seizures were always horrible when I was sick. Hopefully I'll get to feeling better soon. The has just been awful. Please continue to pray for me and that I will feel better soon. Also pray for my online friends. I have alot who are in the hospital. Some have started having new seizures and some are having increased seizures. I really wish we could find a way to stop their seizures too. My heart goes out to them. Oh and I haven't forgotten about the videos. My computer is broke and I can't upload them from my phone. Love ya, Jadon

Sent from my iPhoner

1 comment:

Carrie Nethery said...

Praying for you and your mommy sweet boy! God is truly an awesome God and he will get you well!!! Alexis is praying for you as well and loves to watch your videos and see your pictures.