Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

EEG Results! 1 YEAR SEIZURE FREE!!!

First of all my EEG showed that I am not having any seizures. Praise GOD. My doctor did say my EEG is kind of confusing. I'm going to do my best to explain. First of all my background is normal and she isn't concerned at all. She said this is very good. There also isn't any slowing except for when I'm going to sleep. This is also very normal. She said overall my EEG looks great. Now for the confusing part. There is a small area that is spiking ever once in awhile. So what does that mean? Well it can mean two things. It could be absolutely normal. She said I could hook anyone up to an EEG and it could show some spiking. Some people have natural brain waves that just do this. The problem with me is that there is nothing to compare it too. If I had my left side we could look at the brain pattern and know if it was normal or not. So what are they going to do about it. They have to pull my EEGs that were done before my surgery and compare it to that EEG. They still don't know if that EEG will help because I was a lot younger then and brain wave patterns change as you get older. They are also going to look at my PET scan. If you remember there was an area of concern on my PET scan that was done in Detroit. We are not concerned about that area because I'm doing so well. If the area from the EEG and the PET correlate then we will know that it is possible an epileptic area. If not we will know it is not. I hope I explained it well enough for you to understand. When your talking about the brain things get complicated. The good news is I AM NOT HAVING SEIZURES and they DID NOT see any seizure activity during my EEG. As far as the medicine goes we are going to wait and see what the final findings reveal. We are also going to send my results to Dr. Chugani. He studies EEG with people with hemis all the time so he will probably know right away if this is a concern or not. I actually feel like making an appointment with him and flying to Detroit to discuss everything but that's just not possible right now. Overall we are pleased with the results we got and are excited to say I have been seizure free for 1 entire year today. I hope to see everyone this afternoon at my seizure free celebration!! We are asking that you continue to pray for me and that you thank GOD that I am seizure free!!! I'm leaving you a picture of me during my EEG. I was such a good and happy boy!!!

1 comment:

Dawson said...

Praise the Lord!!! So happy for Jadon!