Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Prayers Please!!

I will be admitted to the hospital this Tuesday, January 8. They will hook me up to the EEG machine for a 24 hour EEG. This EEG is very important. It is the EEG that will tell us if I can stop taking my last seizure medication. I can not believe that I may be able to get off all seizure medication. I thought I would have to take seizure meds for the rest of my life. Its an amazing feeling to know that I have made it so far. Though we are excited about this EEG we know its not going to be fun. I do not like staying in one place. I use to sit in the bed and play with mommy before I could walk. Now that I'm walking my mommy doesn't think this is going to be easy. So please pray that I will leave the equipment on and that I will cooperate for my testing. The main thing I need you to pray for is that I will have a normal EEG for the entire 24 hours with no spiking and no seizures. We don't expect it to show anything but there is always fear when you have to go in for testing. Thanks for your prayers and I will keep you updated while in the hospital. I also want to remind everyone about my 1 year seizure free celebration. It is this Thursday, January 10 at 5:30 at the Baptist Church in Amite. I hope to see you there!!! Love ya, Jadon

No comments: