Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Alot of catching up

Sorry I haven't updated but I have not been able to get to a computer. I've been really busy. Let me go back about a week ago. We were scheduled to go to Boston and we never made it due to the weather. We did get to go to Houston Thursday. We saw the herbologist. She showed us some different massages to do to help stimulate my brain. She also showed my mommy how to use the creams and supplements that she sent. She wants to train my brain to ignore the seizure area. If we can do this, then the seizures will slow down. She showed us a 14 point pressure point routine that helps send messages to my brain. It basically helps the brain to work. We are very impressed with the knowledge that this herbologist has and we believe she can help me get better. While we were in Houston we stayed with Mr. Andy and Mrs. Rhonda Cobb. We were so thankful to get to stay and visit with them. We even had time to go see Santa while we were there. We also got lots of good information from the herbologist. We got home Friday night and left again today. We are now in Boston. We are staying at the Devin Nicole house tonight and our appointment is in the morning. We will see a neurologist, dietitian, and nurse. We are excited about seeing this keto team and we hope they can help me with this diet. Please pray that we have a great appointment tomorrow. Now a quick update on my seizures. My seizures are a little better. I haven't had any at night in over a week. I'm still having alot during the day. Somewhere between 70-90. So they are better but still way to many. I'm definitely more alert since I started the supplements from the herbologist so that is great news. I'm also almost completely off my keppra. We think the keppra was increasing my seizures. As soon as we lowered it I stopped having seizures at night. So as you can see we have been very busy. Sorry I haven't update my prayer warriors. I'll try to do better :) We love all of you and please continue to pray for me!!!

No comments: