Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas and more






I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I sure did. It was definitely much better than last year. Last year my brother and I were both in the hospital with RSV and my brother had pneumonia so this Christmas was much better. I went to my Mar and Paw's house Christmas eve. After we opened presents and ate we went to Paw Paw Ike's house. I even watched fire works. Can you believe I liked these? They are so loud and I was laughing and having a great time. I left a picture of me watching the fireworks. The other pictures are of Christmas morning. I love my new car and I liked the paper the best. After we had Christmas at our house we went to Aunt Rae Rae's house in New Orleans. Uncle Michael cooked lunch for us and we got to see my Mimi and her side of the family. It was really a great Christmas. Now on to my seizures. We have noticed a little decrease. I'm having about 100 seizures a day. Yesterday morning I woke up and only had 32 by lunch. Well after lunch I had a cluster of 60. Yes VERY upsetting and disappointing. Today I've already had about 40 and it's only 8:00. My seizures are so unpredictable and so random. We have done nothing different the last two days but my seizures are so different. Basically we celebrated me only have 32 yesterday morning and then the disappointment but we will celebrate the good times even if it's followed by disappointment. I got my new meals from Boston and feeding time is much easier. I now each a meat and then a baby food vegetable or fruit. I love eating them and the portion size is much better. We so wish we would have been able to do this two months ago. I also got my new stuff from my herbologist. I started it yesterday so I will let you know how I do on the new stuff. I have gotten the ok from our dietitian to use these supplements so we know they are not messing up the diet. I gotta go because I have blood work today to make sure my carbon dioxide level is better. I will update you very soon. Thanks for praying for me!!!

2 comments:

Dawson said...

Glad you guys had a great christmas.. we think of you often.. give that little warrior a squeeze from his fans in bama

Dawson said...

Glad you guys had a great christmas.. we think of you often.. give that little warrior a squeeze from his fans in bama