Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Hospital Update


I had a horrible day yesterday. I woke up and had about 30 spasms. They still looked different but were still not intense. We went to church and then went back home for the rest of the day. I continued to have them but again they weren't very intense. I was very fussy yesterday and didn't nap much. I finally got a good nap around 5pm. When I woke up is when it started. I was having really intense seizures not spasms. They only lasted about 5 seconds at a time but they continued to cluster for over 20 minutes back to back. It scared my mommy and daddy. It's amazing how long 5 seconds can be. Not to mention we are over an hour away from Childrens. My mommy immediately called the neurologist on call. The on call doctor called our neurologist and they told us to come to the ER. My seizures stopped on the way to the hospital. I did have a few right when we walked in but not many. They started back up around 11:15 pm. They gave me ativan and it helped calm things down. After being in the ER for 5 hours we finally got to our room. I did fine the rest of the night. When I woke up this morning I only had about 12 of the little not intense seizures. So what is the plan? They are going to increase my vimpat and give it through IV today to get it in my system quickly. They are then going to do an EEG tomorrow. They want the ativan to get completely out of my system so we can see what's going on. The results of the EEG will tell us what to do next. We have discussed 3 different options but we have to wait until after the EEG. I don't have much good news but the good news is they think that I have some kind of viral infection. My body is covered in a rash. This is good because that is probably what is causing the seizures to get more intense. The neurologist doesn't think that the pednisolone is what caused the decrease. She thinks it was getting me off the topamax. So we really don't have any answers today. We have to wait until tomorrow. We are doing much better today. Yesterday scared us pretty bad. I HATE SEIZURES!!!!! I left you a picture of me snuggling with my daddy at the hospital. I love to snuggle. Please pray for me and my family!!!

No comments: