Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hospital Day 1



Today has definitely been a long day. We got to the ER at 8:30 this morning. My neurologist came and wrote all my orders as soon as she knew we where here. That was the easy part. They then came to do my IV. Well of course they couldn't get it. I don't know why some people have so much trouble and others can just get it the first time with no problems. They were finally able to get it and I was so worn out from screaming, I feel asleep. I slept in the ER for 3 hours. We finally were able to go to our room after waiting 4 1/2 hours. The hospital is full so we had to wait for someone to leave. I got my first dose of steroids in the ER. It's too early to tell if it is working but my seizures have not been as intense this afternoon. I will get my 2nd dose tonight. My neurologist said we might see a difference after the 2nd dose but it may take longer before we notice a change. I promise to keep you all updated. I have been very fussy but I did smile some today. The first picture is of me playing on the mat in my room. The second is of me looking out the hospital window. Thanks for praying for me and please continue to pray. I love my prayer warriors. You help me and my family so much!!!

1 comment:

The Mustard Seed said...

Praying and requesting a complete healing for Jadon in Jesus' name!!!