Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Detroit Results!!

I had a GREAT trip to Detroit. We did not get to stay at the Ronald McDonald House this time because of our flight time. We stayed at a hotel by the airport which was alot of fun. They had a swimming pool and I got in it everyday. I left you a picture of me swimming. I just love the water!!! I received AWESOME news in Detroit. The first test I had done was a CT scan. I saw my neurosurgeon after the test. He said that my CT looked great. I didn't have any fluid build up. This is great news because it means I do not need another surgery!!!! The neurosurgeon said I'm doing great and I will continue to get better. The next day I had my 2 hour EEG. I did fairly well while they put the leads on this time. I usually scream the entire time. They swaddled me up( see pic) and I actually did better this way. Once they hooked me up is when it began. I did not want the leads on my head. I keep pulling at them the entire time. I finally fell asleep for a little while but I didn't sleep long. I then woke up and was back at trying to get it off. It was a long 2 hours. The great news is that my EEG was normal. YES I went 2 hours without having a seizure while hooked up to EEG. I can remember a time when they needed me to go 2 hours for a test. They tried for 3 days and I never went 2 hours without having seizure activity. So yes we are very excited that my EEG was normal. That means I have gone over 2 months without having a seizure. It unbelievable but with the help of God and the doctors at Detroit Children's Hospital, I have been given a new life. I can't tell you how grateful I am for meeting this neurologist that saved me from these seizures. Him and his staff are totally amazing. I can't say enough about how awesome they are!!!! After my EEG we met with my neurologist. You know Dr. Rockstar!!! He was very pleased with my progress. He said I'm doing amazingly well. I gave him a high five with my right hand. I said some words for him. I even reached out for him to hold me and he took me right away. You see I told you he was AMAZING!!! He said that I am doing extremely well but that we haven't seen anything yet. He said just wait and watch what I'm going to do. It's going to be great. He talked about me going to school and that I may even be able to go to college one day. He said we need to have high expectations so that I can reach my maximum potential. He said that since I haven't had any seizures so far it is unlikely that we will ever see another seizure again. Can you believe that? No more seizures. Words can't describe how awesome we feel. I have to stay on my seizure medicine as a precaution for a year. If I'm still not having any seizures next January, he will take me off my last seizure medicine. By the way I'm only on 1 very small pill so I really don't mind taking it. We will have to go back to Detroit in July. At that time they will do a MRI with DTI testing which will show exactly what has transferred to my right side. I want to thank each and everyone of you for your prayers. I do not believe we would be where we are today if we didn't have everyone praying for me. Thank you for being a part of the miraculous experience. Please keep praying for me and I can't wait to show you what I'm going to do next. Oh and by the way I'm now saying over 40 words. Yes I know unbelievable!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your journey! I'm so glad that we are able to see the progress you make through this site. You keep working and we will keep praying for you and your family. I love seeing you in swimming pool. And especially love your smile. Love, Ms. Amy, Andy, Addie