Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Hemi Conference

So we made it to Baltimore and back. We had such a great time. We met lots of new friends. We got to meet Charli and her mom. It was so awesome being around other kids and families who have gone through what we have. They totally understand you and really know what it is like to go through this surgery. We went to the conference to learn but we came back full of new information and lots of new friends. I stayed in the kids camp while mom listened to the speakers. I played ball the entire time. The teenager who was helping talked about how well I can throw a ball. I just love playing ball. After mom listened to the speakers each day, she took me swimming. This was my favorite part of the trip. I just love getting in the pool. I'm leaving you a picture of my mom and I at the conference. I hope next year we will be able to take my daddy and brother. I am very blessed to have been able to attend this year. It's because of people like you who have helped our family out during this time. By attending this conference my mom was able to learn about all the new research and therapies that they are doing for kids post hemi surgery. She will be able to help me reach my maximum potential with all the new things she learned. We are also hoping to be a part of some of the new research therapies they are doing. I just have to get a little older first. I can't thank all of you enough for helping me have the opportunity to attend this conference. It was an awesome experience!!!

No comments: