Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Prayers Needed!!!

We are getting ready to leave for Detroit this Sunday. I have an MRI Monday and then an appointment with Dr. Sood (neurosurgeon) that afternoon. Please pray that everything goes well. I will have to be put to sleep for my MRI and that worry is always there every time I have to be put to sleep. This will be the first time I have been put to sleep since my surgery. This will also be the first MRI since surgery. I have had two CT scans but not an MRI yet. Please pray that we get good results. We are expecting to get great results since I'm doing so well. So Monday is the day I really need you to be praying for me. I will then see Dr. Chugani Tuesday. We can't wait to show him and Dr. Sood all my tricks. Especially all my new walking I'm doing. Yes I'm up to about 12 steps now. Getting better everyday!! My mom was writing down everything I've been doing lately and its really impressive. I am using about 130 words consistently on my own. These are the words that I say everyday or at least every other day. As far as how many words I can say. I can't give you a number because I try to say every word you ask me to. I will say that I can repeat at least 300 words if not more. I could ONLY say 10 words 6 months ago. That is totally amazing!!! I'm also following 2 step directions, can count to 3 and then finish with 8,9,10. I can say several letters of the alphabet when you sing the song, I can sing rain rain go away, and am walking. Wow what a difference the past 6 months have made. We are so thankful for surgery and for Dr.Sood, Dr. Chugani, and their team at Detroit Children's Hospital. When you pray for me today please thank God for what he has done in my life. I will keep you all updated while we are gone. Thanks so much for praying for me!!! Jadon

No comments: