Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Look at me


Well I'm doing better now that I'm off the diet. My seizures are staying anywhere from 80-100. I don't know how the diet was making my seizures worse but it definitely was. We are very sad about this. We really wanted the diet to work. We talked to my neurologist in Boston and New Orleans today. Of course Boston wants us to try Sabril. We have contacted a doctor in Philadelphia that sees patients that are on Sabril. He is a pediatric neuro ophthalmologist. We will probably go see him sometime in the near future. You know my mommy and daddy have to find the best doctors for me. My vision is kinda important though. In the meantime we are going to increase my Banzel. I will let you know how I do with the increase. Developmentally I'm doing some new things. I'm eating finger foods all by myself. I'm also putting weight on my legs. I stood for about 15 seconds yesterday as you can see in the picture. Please continue to pray for me. We really need to get these spasms down. Oh one more very important thing. When my mommy talked to Boston today they said that my CDKL 5 genetic test came back normal. Thank you God for another normal test. They also said that we need to repeat the 3T MRI and long term VEEG monitoring this summer. So we will be traveling back to Boston sometime this summer.

1 comment:

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Hello! Saw your post on the Patterson's blog and wanted to tell you hello and that my son has IS too. He actually has Tuberous Sclerosis like Bailey, but I know exactly how you feel. My Grey is 2 now, but he still fights spasms when he wakes up in the morning.
If you want to talk, feel free to email me at
bschwaigert23@yahoo.com