Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Orthopedic and Pediatrician Appointments


I went to the orthopedic this morning. He said that everything is absolutely fine. My feet curve in but he said that it is normal. When you are in the womb that is how you are positioned. Since I'm just putting weight on my feet, mine haven't straightened out yet. So no its not normal for a babies feet to look like that at my age but it is ok because of my situation. He said that now that I'm putting weight on my feet they should straighten out. He wants to see me again in 6 months but he thinks everything is going to be just fine. We are so glad that it wasn't a bone issues. He also checked my spine and hips while I was there. He said that both of them are normal too. So great news from that doctor. Now on to the pediatrician. We didn't get good results from her. She said that I'm wheezing pretty badly. So that means xopenex. I'm not going to get better until I take these breathing treatment. So my pediatrician called my neurologist. By the way, I just love that my pediatrician takes the time to consult with my neurologist. She always looks out for me. They decided to put me on xopenex and continue the steroids. We hope that the steroids keep my seizures down while I'm on the xopenex. I have only had about 30 spasms today. They are still very light and barely recognizable. I'm still doing new things. I'm using my right hand very consistently now. In fact you can barely tell that its my weaker side. I'm also moving all around. I don't move forward but I'm very good at moving backwards. If you look at the picture above, you will see me on the rug at Mar's house. My mommy put me on the blue pallet and look how far I moved. Now I just have to learn how to go forward. My mommy also has to watch me really closely. I can pick up all kinds of things off the floor and guess where they go. Yep straight to my mouth. Please pray that I will get rid of this RSV. We are so ready for it to go away. Also pray that the xopenex won't cause my seizures to go way up. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: