Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Neurologist Appointment

Our appointment went really well today. They are taking me off of Topamax. We are very excited about this. It will take 7 weeks to wean me off this medicine. Please pray that my seizures will not increase. We really need to get me off some of these medicines. Once I'm off the topamax we will start a new medicine. It will either be zonegran or lamictal. I can't be on topamax and zonegran at the same time. So if we are able to totally wean the topamax, we will try zonegran. If not, we will try lamictal. So we are very excited about trying these two medicines rather than the others with the more severe side effects. It's basically try a medicine and if it doesn't work take me off and try another. Hopefully we will find a medicine that works quickly. My neurologist was amazed at the progress I'm making. She said I look better each time she sees me. Thanks for praying for me. Even though we don't have seizure control, I'm doing way better than expected :)

No comments: