Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The steriod wean has begun.

We have started to decrease my steriods. I'm only getting them 3 times
a day right now. Tomorrow we wean to 2 times a day. My spasms have not
increased any. I'm having about 30-40 a day. They are not very
intense. So the steroids have helped me alot. My therapist have even
noticed how much stronger I'm getting. I haven't had any side effects
either. My blood pressure has been fine, I haven't gained any weight,
and I'm definitely not irritable. In fact I'm much happier. We don't
know what the plan is from here. I go see my neurologist Monday so we
will see what she says. Please pray that we will find the right
medicine to stop these things with few side effects. I have shown so
much potential these last 3 weeks. It's so sad that we can't stop
these and allow my brain to work correctly. Keep praying everyone.
Your prayers are working. I'm doing much more than expected.
Sent from my iPhoner

No comments: