Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Not much change.

Things are staying about the same for me this week. I'm still having
good days and bad. The bad days that I refer to are still good
compared to before steriods. A good day now consist of 30 or fewer
spasms and a bad day about 60. I'm still learning news things. I
learned to take toys out of a bucket and how to put them back in. I'm chewing my food much better. I'm
very happy and alert. I'm having more seizures than my family wants
but we are satisfied with the amount of progress I'm making so
quickly. Its still too early to say if the new medicine is working.
All it's doing right now is making my mom a nervous wreck. She said
when my brother burned his hands there was a little girl in the
hospital room next to him who had gotten burned from taking lamictal.
So she has seen what this medicine can do. Please pray that I continue
to make progress and that my seizures don't increase. My brain needs
for these to stop.

Sent from my iPhoner

No comments: