Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hospital Update

I'm sad to say that I have been admitted to the hospital. We are at St. Tammany in the peds unit. I got really sick Saturday morning. My mommy called my pediatrician. She sent us to lake after hours. They said my ears and throat were clear and they ruled it a virus. They said if I didn't get any better to go to the ER. I continued to get worse throughout the day. We talked to the pediatrician again and she said to go to the ER. The main reason she wanted us to go was because of the side effects of the lamictal and dehydration. We got to the ER around 530 pm and I didn't get to my room until 12 am. It was a very long night. They tested me for flu, strep, and did a CBC. Everything came back negative. They said that it's not anything to do with the lamictal. My blood work showed that my white blood count is up. Right now they are giving me IV fluids since I'm not eating or drinking. I was dehydrated when we got here last night. The doctor came in this morning and said my throat was full of pus. How lake after hours missed that and the ER doctor is beyond me. They retested me for strep and it came back negative. They are now testing me for mono and adenovirus. We will not know any of these results until tomorrow. I will be staying another night. Please pray that I get better soon!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying that you are feeling better very soon, Jadon. I'm also praying for the Lord to strengthen your family.