Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Making progress

I'm still doing ok. I had a bad morning this morning having 50 spasms
when I woke up but things slowed down after that. I'm officially
moving around on my belly. It takes all my strength and I can't go
very far but I'm moving forward. Yay!!! We are so excited with my
progress I'm making. I'm able to go anywear I want in a room. I scoot
in the sitting position or I lay down and sit back up until I reach
where I'm trying to go. Im basically a wiggle worm. I dont like
sitting still anymore :) My mommy has been taking me swimming in the
afternoons. I love it. I kick my legs and splash. I become very vocal
in the water for some reason. Mommy said swimming is going to be great
therapy for me this summer. I have a neurologist appointment Tuesday.
We are going to decide if I'm going to do the 5 day IV steriods.
Please keep my doctors and family in your prayers as we have to make
yet another difficult decision. I'll update everyone Tuesday night.
Thanks for your prayers!!!

Sent from my iPhoner

No comments: