Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Home:)

We made it home from the hospital. I was so ready to leave. I kept saying bye bye bye most of the day. After the nurse took my IV out, I started clapping and laughing. My test results came back today. I do not have mono. Praise the Lord!!!! I do have adenovirus. Adenovirus effects the respiratory system. In adults its like a common cold but it can make babies very sick. The virus also caused me to get ear infections in both ears and a throat infection. They gave me antibiotics through IV today and then I got to come home. I'm much better today. I ate 3 meals today. I'm playing on the floor. It's amazing how much I perked up throughout the day. The doctors said it will take about a week for me to get all my strength back. Thanks for praying for me. I know your prayers helped me get better so quickly. Oh and just so you know. My seizures have been awful. They always get bad when I'm sick but they were so strong this time. They are also much better today. In fact when I woke up from my nap this afternoon, I didn't have any. So we are praying that I continue to get better and that my seizures continue to get better too!!

Here is a little note from my mommy.
If you get a chance, listen to the new song on this page. The title is Blessings by Laura Story. It's a great song about the trials in this life and how they just may be our blessings in disguise. I can't tell you how much of a blessing Jadon has been to me and my family. He has taught us so much about just what is important in this life. I'm so glad that I'm able to share this little miracle that God has sent us with you all. Thank you all so much for praying for him and my family. God is truly blessing my family through this difficult time in our life. We can't wait to see what He is going to continue to do in Jadon's life :)

No comments: