Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've been very busy and I
haven't had much time for computers. I'm feeling much better but my
seizures aren't any better. In fact they are more intense:( We don't
know why. We had blood work done Monday but we still don't have the
results. We increased my vimpat some more but it hasn't helped any.
I'm sure we will make some more changes on Monday. We have also
completed the paperwork to try and get a nurse to come watch me while
my mommy works. I stay with my Mimi right now but I'll need someone to
watch me next year. Please pray that we get this approved. It would
surely make things less stressful. We got my early steps yearly
evaluation back. My lowest scores were in motor and speech but we knew
this. This best news is my social/emotional scores were normal. This
means my alertness and interaction with others is normal. I also show
appropriate emotions to the situation. So that is great news. Last
year I didn't score very high in this area and this year normal. So we
are very happy about this. I'm a fighter and I will keep fighting this
horrible monster. Don't forget today is purple day. So wear your
purple for me today. Love you and please continue to pray for me.

No comments: