Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Very long day.


It's been a very long day and a very tough one for me. I couldn't eat this morning which made me very irritable. I did enjoy riding to the hospital in my stroller. I love watching all the people. The hospital is absolutely amazing. It is huge. It even has a CVS pharmacy and food court. The hospital staff is very nice and they are treating me well. When I got here this morning they took me back for my MRI. Mommy and daddy got to stay with me the entire time. Mommy loved that she did not have to leave me. After the MRI, I stayed in recovery for about two hours. They then sent me up to my room. Once we got to the room, they came to put my leads on. It was horrible. I screamed so much that I made myself hoarse. It didn't hurt, I just don't like anyone messing with my head. I have been fine ever since then. All smiles :) I have my SPECT scan in the morning so I will have to be sedated again. Hopefully we will have some info to give you tomorrow. All the neurologist said today was that they were testing to see if I'm a surgery candidate. I'll update when we get more info. Please continue to pray. That's the best thing you can do for my family and me.

No comments: