Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sick for Halloween

I have been sick all weekend. I started wheezing Thursday night. Mommy and daddy took me to the doctor Friday. They started me on breathing treatments. The breathing treatments helped with my breathing but they caused my seizures to be very strong. So I could only take a half of dose of the medicine and only when needed. I haven't needed a treatment since Saturday. Yesterday my fever was 103.4 and today it is only 100 so I'm doing much better. As far as my seizures, I had a really good day Thursday. I only had about 30 spasms all day. I'm also not having them at night anymore. Of course now that I'm sick they are up but I'm sure they will go down once I'm better. We are 1 week away from starting the ketogenic diet. This week we are going to eat everything I can't have on the diet..LOL Please pray for us as we are nervous about starting something new. Everyone keeps saying that its hard but hey what can be harder than watching me have seizures everyday. There is not a day that goes by that my family doesn't hurt for me. Maybe this diet will be the answer we have been waiting for so long. I have been seizing everyday for 8 months now and that's not counting the 2 months before I was diagnosed. I did have 2 days of seizure freedom during the 1st dose of ACTH but that's it. Please continue to pray for me. Your prayers are working and I'm on my way to being healed.


FYI
If you haven't seen the movie "First do no harm". It's definitely worth watching. It's about a mother and her son who had epilepsy during the early 90s. None of the medicine they tried worked so she starting researching herself. She read about the ketogenic diet and fought to get her son on it. It made me very thankful for the resources we have today.

No comments: