Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fasting and prayer!!


I'm feeling a little better finally. Mommy had to take me back to the pediatrician Thursday because I wasn't getting any better. They put me on antibiotic because I have bronchitis. I just can't get a break right now. My brother is sick too. He has an ear infection and a sinus infection. He is feeling better today too. We are 2 days away from starting the ketogenic diet. I will be admitted to New Orleans Children's Hospital Monday and will have to stay until Thursday. I have to fast for 18 hours. This should be no problem for me. I've gone longer than that when I have been put to sleep for testing. We would like for anyone who wants to fast with me to do so. We will use this as a time of fasting and praying for healing. The fast and praying will start at 6:00 pm Sunday night and will continue until 12:00 p.m. Monday. If you really thing about it, its not that bad. During this time, I will be aloud to drink water with sugar free crystal light in it. We are also asking everyone to wear their Jadon's journey shirt or purple Monday to support me. I left a picture of my mommies work people showing their support for me. Thank you all for supporting me and taking care of my mommy. She couldn't do it without you. Please continue to pray that God will continue to heal me. I really have come a long way. Also pray for my family. We are anxious about starting a new diet. We know it will be hard, but as I've said before nothing can be harder than having seizures everyday. We love all of you and we will keep you posted while we are in the hospital.

1 comment:

Shirleen Monroe said...

would be more than happy to join you in fasting & pray for that sweet precious boy! Corinne & I don't have one of his shirts, but we are digging through our clothes to find purple attire. We are going to be decked out in purple from head to toe for lil Jadon!