Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Friday, October 8, 2010

We are coming home tomorrow :)


I'm finally finished with all my test. The leads that were on my head have left sores because they were on so long. Mommy and daddy are putting medicine on it so hopefully they will heal quickly. I was discharched from the hospital around 6:00 pm. Mommy and daddy brought me to an italian restaurant across the street from the hospital. I loved it and ate a lot of food. I was so hungry after they starved me all week for all those test. After that daddy surprised us with a hotel room. Now we get to sleep in a comfortable bed and we have our own bathroom. LOL On to my PET scan results. The PET scan gave the same information as the other test did. My seizures are coming from the left hemiphere but they can not find a focal point. So I do not qualify for surgery at this time. As my brain develops I might qualify in the future. So far now we have to try and control these seizures. Dr. Bourgeois came to visit me this morning. He said he wants to try Banzel before Vagabatrin. So I started Banzel tonight. I will continue to have my eye exam so I will be ready to start the Vagabatrin in case the Banzel doesn't work. Hopefully the Banzel will work and then I won't have to be on the Vagabatrin. So please pray that it will work!!! Our flight leaves at 8:30 in the morning and we will be back in NOLA at 11:00. I can't wait to see my brother Jacob.

No comments: