Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

My blood pressure was absolutely perfect when I got it checked yesterday. I also only had 15 spasms yesterday. I had a cluster of 6 in the morning and a cluster of 12 around 1:30. Today I have had 23 spasms. I had a bad cluster of 21 when I woke up this morning and have only had 2 since. I really wish these things would stop but I'm trying to be patient. My mom is getting really impatient but she knows its going to take a little while before I get all better. I am getting more irritable and not smiling as much. These steriods are making me feel bad. I'm also gaining lots of weight. Thats ok though because as soon as I get off this medicine I will go back to my normal weight. I did get to go to the oyster festival parade this morning. I slept in my stroller the entire parade. I didn't even wake up when the bands and fire trucks came by. I was really tired. My big brother Jacob caught lots of stuff for me though. Ok well I go back to the doctor Monday for blood work, urine test, and blood pressure checks so I will update sometime Monday afternoon. Please pray that God will heal my brain. Love you all very very much!!!!!

A few pics for you to enjoy! The first one is at the parade this morning and the other is at the St. Joseph's alter last night.

3 comments:

erin said...

He made acute baby Jesus!

April said...

Sweet Jadon!!! Such a tough little guy!!

Julie G'sell said...

I'm still praying....keep the faith!!!!