Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

11 months old


I'm 11 months old today. I can't believe that I am already 11 months old. Only 1 more month until my farm birthday party. I can't wait:) Time is surely going by very fast. I've been fighting seizures for 5 months now. We have come a long way but we hoped they would have stopped by now. Maybe one day soon. We must be patient and know that God is in control. The older I get the more obvious it is that I'm developmentally delayed. I'm still having trouble sitting for more than 10 seconds, I can't put weight on my feet, and I can only say the g,m,and vowel sounds. Even though it gets harder as I get older my mommy and daddy are very thankful for how far I have come. I'm very alert,determined, and happy. I can grab objects and blow bubbles with my mouth. I'm doing so good considering all that I am going through. All it takes is one smile from me and I can just make any ones day better. Thank you God for everything you have done for me. I'm leaving a picture of me on my new therapy toy. I was suppose to get it for my birthday but mommy didn't want to wait. She found it online and knew it would be perfect to help build my arm strength. I have already figured out how to go in a complete circle. The mat also has different textures. It crinkles and honks when you press Pooh's nose. I love it!! If anyone is looking for one wal mart has them for only $30. If anyone has any other interesting therapy toys let me know. I hate therapy so my mommy and my therapist try to be creative so I can enjoy it :)


Happy 11 month old day my sweet little boy. Mommy and daddy love you so very much!!!!

1 comment:

Dawson said...

I think it is so awesome how much these kids can teach us as adults. They have taught us to celebrate every new thing they do. Every victory gets celebrated around here and I can tell it does at your house too.

Kudos to you for seeking out the good in all this. There IS good to be found and God reigns supreme.

Many prayers and much love to you guys