Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

New medicine=No sleep :(

Well I don't know if it was the new medicine or if I just had a bad night but I did not sleep last night. I have only had 1 dose of the medicine so I'm not convinced it is the medicine yet. I sure hope it isn't because my mommy goes back to work in 1 week plus I need my sleep. The new medicine I'm taking is trileptal. My mom had a hard time finding a pharmacy that had this medicine. Our local pharmacy didn't have it and couldn't get it until Monday. Well I can't wait until Monday because I have a neurologist appointment and the whole point of her starting me on it on Friday was so she could see how I'm doing Monday. Well we finally found it at a pharmacy at Independence. Mommy has 2 friends that are the pharmacist at this pharmacy so she did enjoy getting to see them. It's still too early to tell if the medicine is working. In fact I'm on a small dose for 5 days and then we double the dose. It will be about a week before we know if it is working or not. We do have a few fundraiser that my friends are working on for me. As soon as I have the details I will let you know. The 1st one is going to be next weekend at the snowball stand. It's going to be a blast. I'm so thankful that I have people that want to help me get to Boston. Well I'm off to Hammond today with mommy, Jacob, and Mar to go shopping. Can't you tell I'm just estatic...lol I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will update you after my neurologist appointment on Monday. Please pray that it goes well!!!

1 comment:

Dawson said...

It was great to talk to you yesterday. So sorry for the sleepless night. Those certainly stink. Our prayers continue to be with you. Talk to you soon