Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Boston here we come!!!

My mommy spoke with the neurologist in Boston today. The first question out of his mouth was how long are you planning to stay in Boston. My mommy said as long as you want me to. So this is the plan. After reviewing my case he wants to admit us to Boston Children's Hospital for 3 or 4 days for testing. They will do a 3D MRI of my brain as well as a SPECT scan. I have posted the link that describes the SPECT scan. It is basically a test that will monitor my seizures, my nerves, and tell us what parts of the brain are active. Pretty cool right. My mommy and daddy are excited about this and we are looking forward to maybe finding some answers while in Boston. Our travel dates will be changing but we will not have definite dates until tomorrow. We will either be admitted on September 26 or we will have to wait until the following week October 4. The SPECT scan takes 3 to 4 days so I have to be admitted on a Monday. If they can't take us on the 26 then we will have to wait in Boston after our appointment on the 29 until October 4 for the admission. I am asking that you start praying for our trip, the doctors, and that we will get some answers. Hopefully we will be able to get the seizures under control in my near future. Thank you all who donated and made this possible for me. It really means everything to my family. Thanks again for your prayers. I'm leaving you a picture of me swinging. Paw put it up yesterday and I just love it as you can tell. I love you Jadon!!

1 comment:

Dawson said...

So glad you guys are getting to go and will be praying the trip will be super productive while your there.