Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Medicine reaction, Seizures, and Final Dates for Boston

It's been an eventful last couple of days. I'll begin with my antibiotic reaction. I have been sick with a sinus infection for almost 2 weeks now. My Mimi and Aunt Mendy took my brother and I back to the doctor Tuesday because we were not getting any better. The doctor put us both on augmentin. Well I broke out in a rash all over my body. I had little red dots everywhere and then huge red dots on my back and stomach. Mommy called the doctor and they said to stop the augmentin, give me benadryl, and call them back in the morning and give them an update. My rash got better so mommy called them the next day. They said give me half the dose of medicine and call them back a 2. Guess what happened? Yes I broke out again. So the doctor had to change my medicine. The rash went away and I'm feeling much better. In fact, my nose has finally stopped running. Seizure wise I'm not doing to good. My seizures seem to be increasing daily. I'm still doing well developmentally just having lots of seizures. We are so ready to go to Boston. They have changed our date to October 4th. We will fly out October 3rd and come home October 8th. The doctor said he will just do everything while we are in the hospital. That way we don't have to go on the 29th and wait until the 3rd for admission. My mommy is trying to reschedule our flights. They have doubled in price but thanks to all of you we have the money to make up the difference. Mommy also put in for the house across the street from the hospital. That way mommy and daddy will be able to go take a shower and all that good stuff. The hospital rooms only accommodate for 1 parent but mommy and daddy always make it work some kind of way. If not we will have this room to stay and keep our belongings. We will all stay there on October 3rd and 7th. It will only cost $30 a night if they accept our application. Hopefully they will. This house is for families that travel more than 50 miles and have patients in the hospital. We should get it being that we are well over 50 miles away. Please continue to pray for me and my trip. Love ya, Jadon

No comments: