Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm doing great!!!

I was such a good boy today for my procedure. We got stuck in traffic on the way here. I was so ready to get out of my seat but I played with mommy until we got here. We made it just in time. Good thing we left 2 1/2 hours early. Once we got here I was ready to eat but mommy said I couldn't until after my procedure. She walked me around and played with me to help keep my mind off of eating. I finally went to sleep around 11:30 and guess what they did. Came right in and woke me up for blood work. So then I fussed some more and finally went back to sleep. I slept until 1:00 and they finally took me back at 1:45. They were suppose to do the procedure at 12:30. Everything went great but I was crying for my mommy when I woke up. As soon as they went and got her I stopped crying. We then came to the room and I slept for 2 hours. I woke up and wouldn't eat or drink anything. I finally drank 5 ounces of milk about 30 minutes ago. I hope they come take my IV out soon since I'm drinking some. As far as my seizures I've only had about 10 since the procedure. I have been sleeping alot and I don't have them in my sleep. We don't know what they are going to do about my seizures yet. They are checking my keppra and topamax levels so we will see what that says. We will not get the results of the spinal tap for another 2-4 weeks. So we have to do something in the meantime. I will update you sometime tomorrow. Thanks for praying for me!!! Love, Jadon

No comments: