Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Monday, June 14, 2010

There's nothing wrong with my heart :)

So everything went great today at childrens. I saw my cardiologist and they did an EKG. It came back abnormal so she sent us for an echo. They didn't know if they were going to be able to do it because I am moving so much these days. She said we may have to come another day so they could put me to sleep in order to do the test. Well I proved them wrong. I was such a good boy. I slept through the entire test. Mommy was so proud of me. She didn't want me to have to go through all of that. Well after the echo the cardiologist came back in and said everything was great. She said sometimes the measurements are abnormal on the EKG but once they do the echo and measure everything is fine. Its just hard for the EKG to meausre the chambers correctly on infants. So that is great news. We do not have to see the cardiologist again. Thank you God!!! So on to my neurologist. I talked to her this morning and she increased my topamax. She wants to see if that will help control my seizures better. I will let you know in a day or two how I am doing. I did not have a good day as far as my seizures go. Still having lots and lots of them.

No comments: