Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

More medicine, more seizures, and more test

I'm having lots of seizures. I woke up during the night 3 times having seizures. When I woke up this morning I had over 40 seizures. So the total was over 50 by 6:30 am. Not good. In fact I almost earned me a trip to the hospital. Luckily they slowed down by lunch so my neurologist said I could stay home but I have to call and update her in the morning. She said to increase my keppra and to start giving me some clonazepam again. Mommy doesn't want to give me that medicine but if it keeps us out the hospital then that's what we will do. If this increase in medicines does not work then I will have to go to the hospital for IV medicines. So lets pray that these work. We really don't want to go to the hospital but I can't continue to have this many seizures. I have had a better afternoon. I've only had a few seizures so that is great. I will have to go back to Childrens on Tuesday. They are going to do some more test on me. They want to check to see if my neurotransmitters are communicating correctly. I will have to be put to sleep for this test but as long as I do ok I will be able to come home Tuesday. So thats what going on with me. Please pray that my seizures decrease tomorrow and that I don't have to go in the hospital. Thanks for your prayers, Jadon

No comments: