Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

It could be worse.(A note from my mommy)

Jadon had an ok weekend. Thursday he ended up having about 150-160 seizures. Friday was better he only had about 90. Saturday he about 60 and he has had about 70 today. So as you can see he is still having lots of seizures. Its very sad when you say he only had 60 today. Wow, sometimes we wonder if we will every get these under control. We just have to sit back and know that God is in control. I wish I could tell you that it was easy to just trust Him but you can't help but wonder why. Every since this has started we try not to say words like why and what if but watching your child have this many seizures a day just rips your heart right out of you. I'm not saying this because I want your sympathy. I'm saying this because I'm trying to be truthful. Anyone who really knows me knows that I don't try to get sympathy from others. All I want is your prayers and that is what you are giving me. So thank you very much. Jadon has his appointment tomorrow at 9:30. I will update you as soon as possible. We are hoping they do something for these seizures. We have to get these down. Thank you all so much for surrounding our little man in prayer. We love all of you!!! I'm attaching a few of my friends webpages is you would like to look at them and pray for them. The first one is connorsquestforsight.com This is Jadon's friend Connor who just got back from China. You can read and pray for him by visiting his sight. The next one is ourbeautifulemily.blogspot.com This is Jadon's friend Emily who has IS like him. Emily's mommy has been very nice and very helpful to us. You can visit and pray for her as well by visiting her sight. Well I will update you tomorrow with the info from my neurologist.

No comments: