Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Birthday, Medicine, and Sickness


Well my birthday party was Saturday. We had so much fun. The theme was 1st birthday barnyard. We had lots of animals to pet. We had ducks, chicks, a rabbit, and our pot belly pig. Everybody's favorite was the chicks. Amazingly they all survived and are currently back with their mommies and doing fine:) I was able to do all the things a 1 year old should on their birthday. I sat in my high chair and ate my birthday cake. Everybody loved watching me. I also sat on the ground with mommy and opened all my birthday presents. Mommy and daddy were so excited to get to see me enjoying my birthday. 6 months ago we didn't know if I would ever sit up and look at me today. I've come so far. Mommy says I'm her miracle baby. Yes I'm still having seizures but the miracle is that I'm developing so well. Now on to my medicines. We got my blood work back today. Everything was in the normal range and they are not changing any of my medicine. We did not talk to my neurologist because she is out for 3 months. We will miss her bunches but we are very happy for her. She just adopted a little baby girl. She is 1 week old and according to our nurse, she is beautiful. Congrats to her and her family!!! Now the sick part :( My daddy had to bring me to the pediatrician today. I have a nasal and throat infection. She put me on antibiotics. I took my first dose last night. I'm actually doing worse not better. I'm running a high fever now and am breathing really fast. Mommy is up with me watching me close though. My temporary neurologist wanted me to take some of that clonazepam to help with my seizures but mommy won't give it to me. She knows what that stuff does to me and we refuse to go backwards. So yes she is being rebellious. My seizures are increased due to me being sick. Hopefully I will get better soon. I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

The Mustard Seed said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JADON!!! Hope you feel better soon! Hugs and Kisses, Jude Watts