Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fundraiser and Medicine Update

My fundraiser was a huge success. Sorry I didn't get see everyone. I was there at 12:00 and stayed until about 1:30 but I didn't make it back for 4:00. It was just way to hot for me to be out there. My mommy and daddy said that lots of people came though. Thank you so much for caring for me. I really appreciate everything all of you are doing for me. I am one lucky little boy :) I left you a few pictures from yesterday and again I thank you so very much. You have blessed my family more than you know.



So now to update you on how I've been doing. I have been great. I'm sitting up a little better. We still have not noticed that the medicine has helped any. In fact I have had about 70 myoclonic jerks today. This is an increase so my mommy is going to call my neurologist in the morning. I'm suppose to start weaning off my keppra but I don't know what she will do since I'm having this increase. My mommy has to go back to work tomorrow. We are all very sad about this. It's going to be hard but I know we will get in a routine soon. My brother starts his preschool tomorrow too. He is very excited about going back to school. As for me I will be staying with my aunt, grandparents, and dad on his days off. I will try to update you sometime before Wednesday:)

No comments: