Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Much better!!

I am doing much better now that they took me off the trileptal. In fact I have only had about 30 jerks this morning. Two days ago I had 75 before my mom left for work at 7:00 am. So you can see this is major improvement. I am also more alert and stronger. This makes my family so happy to see me be myself again. Sometimes I think the medicines do more damage than the seizures. This leaves us with question about what to do? Maybe we will get all this medicine figured out soon. I go back to see my neurologist Monday so we will see. Guess what? I got a new toy for the tub and I absolutely love it. It makes it much easier to take a bath and I don't slip and fall. I can just sit there and play and suck on the rag. I've always loved bath time but now its one of my favorite things to do. I suggest that anyone who is having a little trouble sitting in the tub get one. It's great!!! It's called an aquababy bath ring. They come in all colors. I left you a few pics of me playing with mine. I also left a pic of my brother, me, and daddy. It was his birthday yesterday. Mommy gave me my medicine in the icing off the cake. I never knew it was in there. Daddy said he was getting me some to take my medicine in every night. LOL Well everyone have a great weekend and I will update you Monday. Thanks for your prayers.





No comments: