Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm 1 :)

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have been very busy. Nothing much has changed. I'm still having 50-60 myoclonic jerks a day. I have to do blood work later today to check my medicine levels. We will then decide what to do from there. Please pray that they will be able to get my blood quickly. They always have a hard time finding a vein and I hate every minute of it. I have starting scooting backwards. I don't go very far but I'm so excited I can move around. Yesterday was my very 1st birthday. Can you believe I'm already 1? Time is going by so fast. It has been a rough year, but I have come so far. I can remember when I couldn't even lift up my head. Today I have complete head control. In fact, my pediatrician said that overall I'm only about 3 months delayed. This is the result of your prayers. My pediatrician could not believe how well I was doing when she saw me today. She said I am doing way more than she ever expected. She even said herself that that's the power of prayer. So thanks again to all of you who have been praying for me. I promise I will continue to amaze you. One day I'm going to beat this and we will celebrate my 1 year seizure free day :) I'm leaving you with some pics from my birthday. They will definitely put a smile on your face. My RaRa is putting a video together so I will post it in the next couple of days.

No comments: