Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New Schedule

Well we have been very busy. Mommy went back to work and Jacob started MMO(preschool). I've been trying to sleep good for mommy since she has to work. The first night I went to sleep around 930 and woke up at 430. I went back to sleep at 530 but mommy had to wake up at 600. Last night I did really good. We all went to bed around 830 and slept until 530. I woke up around 2 but I went right back to sleep. I now have therapy every Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I'm sure going to be working hard. I didn't get to start decreasing my keppra yet. My seizures increased this weekend so we are trying to see if I was just having a bad couple of days or if the new medicine is having the opposite effect. I seem to be doing a little better today with the seizures. Sometimes I wonder if any of this medicine is doing any good. I have a neurologist appointment on Monday so we will see what she says. I don't have much time to update but I promise I will do my best to keep you informed on my progress. Thanks for loving me, Jadon

1 comment:

Dawson said...

unfortunately some of these meds can indeed make seizures worse.. Good for you for keeping such a close watch on these things. Praying for you guys. Let us hear from you soon